Plygene® Gutterline when installed to our recommendations will give a long and trouble-free life.
To enable the installation to carry on performing as when first installed, we suggest the following maintenance guide is followed:
- The roof and gutter should be maintained to the relevant British Standards.
- Soft soled footwear should be worn when inspecting Plygene Gutterline installations.
- Every 12 months or sooner, clean out the gutter using a soft brush. (Do not use a metal spade or shovel).
- Inspect the outlets, and, if fitted, the moulded accessories to ensure there are no blockages.
- Check the lining is still secured well up under the roof sheets. (Cladding).
- When maintenance is being carried out, care should be taken, as the Plygene Gutterline can become slippery under certain conditions.
- Care should also be taken when maintaining equipment fitted on the roof. Any sharp object i.e. screws/pop rivet mandrells, should be immediately removed from the gutter liner, otherwise if trodden on could perforate the liner.
- If extensive work is to be carried out on the roof, then the gutter liners should be protected by boards.
- If the liner is damaged, this can be readily repaired by an experienced operative trained in the hot air welding process, using an approved repair kit supplied direct from our works.