Seamsil® 100 Cut Edge Corrosion System
The problem of cut edge corrosion
Plastic coatings on metal profiled roof sheets undergo the challenges of delamination and deterioration which poses a threat to the roof’s structure and performance. The cut edge and overlap joints are especially susceptible to the damaging effects of capillary action, drawing in sulphur-contaminated rainwater and causing double the damage with both “topside” and “reverse side” corrosion.
Cut edge corrosion is a progressive issue that, if left unaddressed, can spread beyond the edge. Protect your roof with proactive measures to combat roof degradation.
By proactively maintaining the integrity of a roof, it is possible to prevent roof fabric deterioration, avoid leaks and protect building assets from damage. Refurbishing a profiled metal roof using Sharmans market leading roof refurbishment systems is the most sustainable option, as it incurs 5 times less embodied carbon than replacing the entire roof.
Refurbish, don’t replace.
Seamsil® 100 Cut Edge Corrosion Treatment
Seamsil® 100 is designed to provide an effective long life solution to the problem of corrosion at cut edges and overlap joints on all types of profiled commercial and industrial metal roofs.
Seamsil is a silicone based remedial treatment formulated specifically to arrest the adverse effects of rust, chemical corrosion and industrial pollution, and is particularly effective in marine/coastal environments, exclusively available and manufactured by Sharmans
- The market leading solution endorsed by leading steel manufacturers.
- Engineered for the roofing environment using inorganic Alkoxy technology to prevent chalking and deterioration.
- 15 year guarantee.
- Specified in confidence by surveyors and property managers for over 35 years.
We have updated the Seamsil® 100 system
We’ve integrated our marketing leading Delcote® system as a topcoat which means Seamsil® 100 is better than ever.
- Our Delcote topcoat now replaces the Seamsil topcoat but sealant and basecoat remain the same
- Cost savings of up to 5% per linear metre over the previous system
- Higher solids content meaning lower VOCs released into the atmosphere
- Temperature-resistant and faster curing without the need for thinners on the top coat
- Quicker application with brushing or rolling options
- A wide range of colour options from the full Delcote® system
Independently tested against leading rigorous industry standards, the systems have been specifically designed for the gutter and roof environments. Installed into the commercial roof sector since 1985, our systems have stood the test of time, providing complete peace of mind to specifiers.
These market leading systems are underpinned by a range of guarantees to choose from.
- Weather and UV resistant
- Proven corrosion resistance
- Water repellent seal
- Primerless adhesion
- Remains tough and flexible
- Long life protection in elasticity and encapsulation
- Technology has natural anti-corrosion weather resistance
- Encapsulation – Seamsil silicone systems have exceptional adhesion to cleaned and prepared surfaces and cure to provide a tough elastic seal, effectively encapsulating the damaged area to restrict further deterioration.
- Long Life – Seamsil uses GE Silicone technology with its proven long life, being unaffected by UV or extremes of weather and temperature.
- Elasticity – Silicone systems have good elastic and flexibility properties to withstand normal surface movements. This ensures continued optimum performance even in the most aggressive environments.
- Colours -Seamsil edge and overlap protection system is available in a range of colours to match the most popular shades used in industrial claddings.